Wednesday, May 17, 2017

The Best Essential Oils and Their Uses

Has your family tried using doTERRA essential oils? I am not a distributor, but I have enjoyed using several of their products in my own home. I have never had a bad experience with any of their oils, and I can personally recommend the ones that I have tried. If you are new to this whole essential oils thing, let me help you get started. Here is a list of the products we love and how we use them.
Best products from doTERRA
  1. Diffuser- I highly recommend getting a diffuser so you can fully utilize the benefits of these essential oils. You can get one here.  A diffuser is kind of like a humidifier, except you cannot add essential oils to a humidifier. Just add a few drops of your favorite oil to the diffuser and it goes out into the air. It makes your house smell so good!The Best Essential Oils and Their Uses
  2. Peppermint- When I was pregnant, I would diffuse Peppermint by my bedside as I slept at night. It helped a lot to ward off the morning sickness. I also like to diffuse it when we have a stuffy nose, and it helps to clear up the congestion.doTerra Essential Oils and their Uses.
  3. On Guard-This proprietary blend is an immune system booster, and I love the way it smells.  When it starts to cool off outside, I like to diffuse this in my home just for the wonderful aroma. Since sickness starts to spread when it gets cold outside, diffusing this in our home is an extra line of defense to help my family stay healthy. It is made up of Wild Orange Peel, Clove Bud, Cinnamon Bark/Leaf, Eucalyptus Leaf, and Rosemary Leaf/Flower essential oils. I think I love diffusing it so much in Autumn because of the scrumptious orange and clove scent. Mmmm, makes me want to go pumpkin picking! Is it Autumn yet? Anybody else tired of the Summer heat?doTerra Essential Oils and their Uses. Find out what I do with my lemon oil.
  4. Lemon- I started using this when I was pregnant and experiencing terrible heartburn at night. I just added a drop to my water and sipped throughout the day. I noticed that the heartburn was less bothersome on days when I did this. It made it easier for me to drink enough water while pregnant. For some reason, it was so hard for me to drink water without feeling sick, so this was a life saver!  I enjoy the lemon taste, so I have continued to use it in my water even while I am not pregnant. It is so refreshing in an ice cold glass of water with a long straw. Don't forget the straw! Somehow I tend to drink more water when I have a straw. It makes it exciting I guess.doTerra Essential Oils and their Uses.
  5. Wild Orange- I love Wild Orange. I make my own bath salt using Epsom salt, baking soda, and Wild Orange Essential Oil. It is so revitalizing to soak in a bath with this beautiful aroma in it! doTerra Essential Oils and their Uses.
  6. DigestZen- This Proprietary blend is made up of Ginger Rhizome/Root, Peppermint Plant, Caraway Seed, Coriander Seed, Anise Seed, Tarragon Plant, and Fennel Seed essential oils. It is used to sooth an upset stomach and motion sickness. This also was great for my morning sickness. Ginger is known to help with nausea, and it did! I have also used this for my family when we have had the stomach flu.doTERRA Essential Oils and their Uses.
  7. Deep Blue Rub- About a month ago, I woke up with a terrible kink in my neck. After a few days without any improvement, I decided to visit a chiropractor. Along with his adjustments, he used this Deep Blue Rub on my shoulders and neck. It helped my muscles relax and aided in my recovery. It has a sort of tingling sensation that feels really good.
For more information on other doTERRA products and their uses visit their site here or contact my neighbor and good friend here. Sometimes the Essential Oil world can sound overwhelming, but hopefully this list will help you to focus on just a select few to start out with. You don't have to buy their whole store overnight. Try to decide what your family would benefit from and slowly build your inventory. We have really enjoyed using doTERRA products in our home, and I hope you will too.
Originally published on July 1 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment